Sunday, October 29, 2006

Woody Allen and Marge Simpson

So i watched Hannah and her Sisters the other day. It's a Woody Allen film. It's funny, his films that are the most critically acclaimed, it seems, are the ones that resonate the least with me. I recognized his wit and as always enjoyed his self deprecating sense of humor, but at the same time, I don't understand all the relationship crap he writes about. I think it's a clear example of someone not understanding the context of sex, honestly. So yeah, I think since I am a christian, Woody Allen's movies don't pack that emotional wallop they do for others.

Anyway, Julie Kavner is in this movie, which is interesting. She plays the voice of Marge Simpson. It's interesting because I don't think I'd ever seen her. I mean, Dan Castellenata is on Conan every other week, and we all know who Yeardley Smith, Hank Azaria, and Harry Shearer are...

Speaking of The Simpsons, if you haven't seen it, please watch the episode "You Only Movie Twice." It's on Season 8 disc 1 if you want to Netflix it. I think it's my favorite episode.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just applied for a job at U of Miami. (It's a long shot, though.)

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home