Tuesday, November 14, 2006

thievery or theivery

some words i just don't remember how to spell. and I before E is probably the worst "rule" ever. Yeah, I just spell checked it, it's definitely ie.

Anyway, I had a disturbing dream last night, which was precipitated by either an act of absentmindedness on my part, or an act of severely disturbing proportion on a thief's part. In my Jeep I have a visor cd holder with 12 cds in it. Since I became a fan of downloading my music sometime during freshman year of college, and pretty much stopped purchasing cds, It's all music that I've loved for a long time. Actually, it's mostly U2 music. So I have some U2, some Who, some Wilco, some Pedro the Lion, and the new Beck cd. And some random stuff, like pink floyd, aaron shust, etc. etc.

So those are mainly the cds I listen to. However, I do keep a cd holder in my console as well, with a few more cds. Mostly Dave Matthews, the rest of my Pedro the Lion, and my burned copy of the new JT cd.

A couple days ago, I really wanted to listen to JT, and I went to get it from my console, only to notice it was missing. I figured that some passenger had been idly flipping through my cds and left the case in the back seat, so I didn't think twice (it's alright) about it. Well, I've been kind of focusing my search in the last week or so to try and figure out in my car where the case is. So I actually threw away all the Wendy's bags and the receipts that have been littering my car in hopes of finding this case.

It's not there.

So, last night, as I realized that it actually just wasn't in my car, I came to the conclusion that someone broke into (ok, unzipped) my car and stole only my cd case. How disturbing is that? There were totally better cds on my visor that got passed over. Also, what thief gets pumped about Pedro the Lion? I mean, it's just kinda weird.

Anyway, this realization led me to have a disturbing dream in which I came up to my car to find a theif going through the back seat. When I confronted HER (i have weird dreams, she was a big native american, not unlike the one girl in Smoke Signals that has to drive her car backwards), she flipped out and got mad that I interrupted. She started yelling at me that if she couldn't steal anything from my car she'd break things.

As I reached to pull her from my car, she broke my phone and threw basically everything in my car on the ground. Guys, she broke my phone.



The real sad thing is that the case i had those cds that are missing in, was awesome. My mom, the elementary school librarian, had given it to me, and it said, "log in at the library" on it. RIP.


Speaking of music though, I just want to throw out there that 12 Memories by Travis is still one of my favorite albums ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home